Description: Purchasing Agent Purchasing Agent Job Purpose: Obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment.
Purchasing Agent Job Duties:
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Vendor Relationships, Organization, Customer Service, Documentation Skills, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Cost Accounting, Control Engineering, Chemical Purchasing.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- · Knowledge of Chemical Purchasing
- · B.S. in Chemistry
- · Knowledge and use of Computerized Purchasing and Accounting Systems
- · High School level of basic Chemistry (B.S. Preferred)
- · Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- · Ability to perform inventory counts.
- · Negotiation skills.
- · Organized and Confidential
- · Follow Through